It’s been a long time in the making, but it’s finally here! We’re excited to announce that Veil of Crows is coming off early access and will be fully released on Steam for PC and Mac. Our wonderful Kerry Fawdray has been working so hard to make Veil of Crows something truly special within the world of real time strategy, we couldn’t be more proud of him. His dedication, tenacity and passion really shine through every pixel on your screen.
We’d like to help spread the word by showing you the official press release, a special thank-you to our PR manager Nathan Bennett for creating this:
Arrow Face Games in collaboration with Humble Sage Games are proud to announce the Australian made Veil of Crows is exiting Steam early access and coming to both PC and Mac on October 18th.
Veil of Crows is a sandbox style real-time strategy game set in a chaotic medieval world. From violent, and overtly bloody battles, to completely destructible castles, RPG style hero development, and meaningful interactions with other factions. Trade, bribe, extort, and destroy your way to world domination! The world of veil of crows remains persistent after you die, so your impact will have a lasting effect on the world even after you fail, or start over.
Checkout the announcement trailer here:
Key Features for Veil of Crows include:
- Command large armies in gratuitous bloody conflict.
- Besiege or defend mighty castles with siege engines complete with fully destructible buildings and walls.
- A massive sandbox style campaign map which includes more than 75 towns and villages ready to be conquered.
- Complete quests and see how your decisions and actions impact the world around you.
- Just because you might die, doesn’t mean your world dies too. Start again and your former kingdom still remains, however you are just another peasant in a land of corpses.
- Invasion events. Prepare for the spring as mighty viking forces will invade the world. Destroy their armies quickly to prevent any further settlement, or befriend them and use their forces to conquer your enemies!
Four game modes:
- Prologue: Tutorial game… you will have some help along the way.
- Campaign: You start with a hero and a small group of units. Keep your hero alive and put them on the throne, or die trying. Game-over will result after your hero dies, however, the world will remain as you left it, but you must start as a new character with a new faction.
- Sandbox mode: A casual game mode where you can select your starting conditions.
- Custom Battle: You set the scene! Units, Battle type, Location, Time of day, Current weather, your choice! Battle away!
Manage your faction:
- Six different resource types can be acquired in your villages. You can trade these resources, or use them to upgrade your castles and train stronger units.
- Forge alliances, or threaten and backstab your way to power. Every action you take will change other factions opinions of you.
- Extort and bribe enemy armies in the hope they will leave you alone, desert, or join your forces.
- Completely customise your army. Every unit in Veil of Crows can be upgraded in the armoury. From different weapons, armour, shields and helmet types, to how your coat of arms are displayed, to even the breed of horse. No two armies will be the same!
- Multiple realms to conquer! Each world has a unique climate, bringing different seasonal impacts. Plan ahead to avoid running out of food in winter, or steam from your enemies!
For more information on Veil of Crows, Visit www.veilofcrows.com, connect on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lordscastlesbastards/ or on twitter at @KerryFawdray
About Arrow Face Games
Arrow face games is an Australian based independent games company based in Brisbane. Solo developer Kerry Fawdray founded Arrow face games when he began work on his first commercial title ‘Veil of Crows’
If you’d like to get in touch with us for articles or press information, please contact Nathan Bennett at Nathan@humblesagegames.com